Create Moods and Emotions Using Your Color Sensibilities
With slide presentations, color study exercises, observation trainings, and painting demos, this workshop is designed to help you understand the relationship between colors and emotions. Using this new knowledge, Wayne will show you how to create more engaging paintings with specific emotions or moods.
In this workshop you’ll learn how to:
· Express different emotions with different color combinations
· Balance muted and saturated colors to match the emotions you desire
· Apply realistic colors vs. enhanced colors in a painting
· Discover your sensibilities and life experiences make you prefer certain color palettes
· Work with your own color sensibilities to create art that is more personal
· Challenge your own color sensibilities to create art that is outside of your comfort zone
Both online and in person workshops will include painting demos, student work feedback sessions, slideshow presentations, and eye training exercises. These combinations of activities are designed to help refine your painting techniques and observation skills. Photo references will be provided for all painting assignments. Students are welcome to bring their own photo references for their own paintings.
In person workshops will have extended painting sessions. During these sessions, students will get one-on-one mentoring from Wayne.
Online workshop students will have access to download a video file of the painting demo to refer to so they can paint along at home at their own pace. There will be critiques at the beginning of some of the classes.
Online workshop students are responsible for knowing how to:
- Log into Zoom. Be sure to test this before the first class session.
- Send email or post photos of their painting to Wayne for feedback.
Demo paintings from past workshops: