10/23, 24, 25, 2020 10am-4pm @ Wayne's Studio, SE Portland, OR $200(max of 6 students, ) ♦ register
This workshop is designed for anyone who wants to refine their acrylic painting skills. The focus of this workshop is the individual. Through demos and painting sessions Wayne will help each student get to the next level of their acrylic painting. Some painting experience is necessary for this workshop.
• Combining opaque and transparent painting
• Preparing surfaces for acrylic
• Applying right combination of color to create a mood your desire
• Create dramatic and subtle color with your own limited color palette
• Layering and glazing
• Choose the right underpainting for your painting.
Course Duration varies: 4 days 6-7 hours per day, 3 days 7-8 hours per day, short workshop 2 days, 6-7 hours per day
Participants will be provided printed step-by-step instructions and many practical tips.
Course Duration varies: 4 days, 6-7 hours per day or 3 days, 7-8 hours per day
short workshop 2 days, 6-7 hours per day
Bring the following to the workshop:
• A table top or regular easel (a table top easel will be provided for Portland workshops)
• Water spray bottle
• Assortment of rounded brushes: #0, #2, #4, #8
• 2-3 stretched canvases, your choice of width and height between 10”-18”
Bring the following acrylic colors in a tube or jar
• Titanium White
• Yellow Ochre
• Burnt Sienna
• Raw Umber Dark
• Ultramarine Blue
• Gloss Medium and Varnish
Cadmium Yellow, Cadmium Red, Mars Black, Permanent Green, Phthalocyanine Blue, Matte Medium
All material will be included when the workshop is at Wayne's Portland home studio.
Who should attend the workshop
• Watercolorists or oil painters who want to “flirt with” acrylic
• Painters of all skill levels
• Anyone wanting to learn Wayne’s acrylic glazing and layering techniques
• Anyone wanting to improve color mixing skills
Workshop Fee: $200-$375 depending on class duration, size, and location
Cancellation policy at Wayne's Portland Studio:
If you need to cancel, notification must be given at least one week prior to the class start date regardless if payment has been sent.
No refunds are given once the workshop starts. If you need to miss a workshop day, you may make up the missing day in any of Wayne's future home workshops within 12 months.
If the workshop is canceled or rescheduled, you will receive an email notification no later than 48 hours prior to the beginning of the workshop. Payments will be refunded.