Acrylic is an incredibly versatile medium. It can be used in illustrated journals, texture abstract paintings, or traditional portrait paintings. Learning the essential techniques of acrylic painting to improve any art project.
Topics and exercises include:
- Mixing colors
- Transitioning to acrylic from other medium
- Preparing painting surface for acrylic painting
- Painting landscape and still life
- Collaging and mixed medium with acrylic
- Building up texture in acrylic
Participants will be provided with a bound illustrated booklet containing step-by-step instructions and many practical tips.
Participants takings half day workshop will receive:
- All demos and exercises related topic above
- Bound booklet with detailed instruction of some of the demos and exercise as well as practical tips on acrylic painting
- One-on-one tutoring
Participants taking full workshop receive this additional instruction:
- Longer time to complete paintings and exercises
- Enough time to complete one more paintings
- Longer individual tutoring focusing on personal painting style improvement
Repeat students, please bring the following to the workshop:
- Small table top easel
- Color palette
- Palette knife
- Small water spray bottle
- Rounded brushes: #0 #2 #4 #8
- 2-3 small stretched canvases, your choice of width and height between 6”-18”
- Photo references with good detail and strong light for the painting
Bring the following acrylic colors in a tube or jar:
(Golden and Nova Color are the preferred brands, other brands are okay.)
- Titanium White
- Yellow Ochre
- Burnt Sienna
- Burnt Umber
- Ultramarine Blue
- Gloss Medium
- Cadmium Yellow
- Cadmium Red
Optional colors: Mars Black, Permanent Green, Phthalocyanine Blue, Matte Medium.
For a materials fee of $30, you will receive what you need to get started in painting: brushes, paint, canvas, and more.
Cost and Registration
Registration Fee: $125-$300 depending on class duration, size, and location
Cancellation policy at Wayne's Studio
If you need to cancel, notification must be given at least one week prior to the class start date regardless if payment has been sent.
No refunds are given once the workshop starts. If you need to miss a workshop day, you may make up the missing day in any of Wayne's Studio workshops within 6 months.
If the workshop is canceled or rescheduled, you will receive an email notification no later than 48 hours prior to the beginning of the workshop. Payments will be